2015 3M Wrap2Wrap Battle Winners Announced
Installer talent and 3M™ Wrap Film Series 1080 featured at 2015 SEMA Show
- PAUL, Minn. – (November 6, 2015) –Countless hours of hard work, sweat, and painstaking attention to detail were on display at the 2015 SEMA show, as Casey Folk of PDX Wraps and Jamie Mullican of WrapArtist.comwere announced as winners at the second annual 3M Wrap2Wrap Battle. Showcasing elite craftsmanship and prowess with 3M™ Wrap Film Series 1080, Folk and Mullican crafted dynamic wraps with installation help from 3M Preferred Graphics Installers John Deuver, Joshua Marquardt, Mingo Richter and Luis Tirado.
The 3M Wrap2Wrap Battle is an open competition between installers of 3M™ Wrap Film Series 1080 throughout the United States, and provided fans the opportunity to get involved by voting for the wrap of their choice. In the first round, every entry was featured. In rounds two through four, contestants were seeded into brackets and competed directly against one other contestant. Winners Folk and Mullican were selected to participate in live wrap installations on the floor of the 2015 SEMA show.
Judged by a powerful panel of experts, both Folk and Mullican’s vehicles were chosen for their compelling story, uniqueness of design, color choices, and overall look and appeal. Judging was presided over by:
- Rutledge Wood, Co-Host of Top Gear and Lost in Transmission
- Jeremy McGrath, AMA Supercross Champion
- “Hot Rod Ali” Youngblood, Hot Rod Race Car Driver
- Steve Hargitai, 2014 Wrap2Wrap Winner
- Adam Sumner, 3M Authorized Trainer
For their impressive performance, Folk and Mullican received prize packages worth more than $10,000, including an all-expenses-paid trip to the 2015 SEMA Show, a Master Proheat STC® Surface Temperature Control Heat Gun Kit – Model PH-1610K, a Geek Wraps Prize Package, a Geek Wraps Apple Box, two 25-yard rolls of 3M™ Wrap Film Series 1080, 3M™ Wrap Film Series 1080 S-curve Display, paid advertising on 3M Graphics’ social media accounts and $1,000 in cash.
“The skill and talent level displayed by Casey Folk and Jamie Mullican with 3M™ Wrap Film Series 1080 was simply astounding,” said Janelle Pizzi, Product Marketer, 3M Commercial Solutions. “We look forward to seeing their future work, while they both undoubtedly continue to influence others to produce outstanding work.”
The finalists’ wrap entries can be seen on 3M Commercial Solutions’ Facebook or Instagram pages or at wrap2wrap.3m.com.