AVERY DENNISON “WRAP LIKE A KING”™ CHALLENGE NAMES 10 REGIONAL WINNERS FOR 2018
Mentor, Ohio, October 2, 2018 – Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions announced today that 10 vehicle graphics installers from around the world have been named Regional Wrap Kings in the “Wrap Like a King” Challenge featuring Avery Dennison® Supreme Wrapping™ Film, the Conform Chrome™ and ColorFlow™ Series and MPI 1105™ Supercast Digital film.
The following vehicle graphics installers were named Regional Wrap Kings:
- North America East – “VooDoo S6 – SteamPunk SpaceShip” installed by Ryan Oyola and Mike Postilio of VooDoo Vinyl Wrap of Long Island, NY
- North America Midwest – “Boba Fett” installed by Justin Baker, Lee Mies, Paul Lee and Kyle DeLoss Henkler from Auto Trimmers of Shoreview, MN
- North America Central – “Republic Tattoo” installed by Eric and Frank from Graphics Guys of Austin, TX
- North America South – “Mission Flyer 2.0” installed by MetroWrapz of Hollywood, FL
- North America West – “Gold Rush Rally” installed by Antonio Ng of EMWRAPS of Seattle, WA
- North America Canada – “The Warrior” installed by Ben Bieber of Canadian Wrap Masters of Georgetown, ON
- Europe North – “Barnfind” installed by Mark Chamberlain from Funkeefish of Tendring, Great Britain
- Europe Central – “Dynamic Truck” installed by Sebastian Kreuzer of SIGNal Wrapping of Schwäbisch Hall, Germany.
- Europe South – “Formula-e Gen2” installed by Chaublet Sébastien from S&C Creative Agency of Guérande, France.
- Eastern Europe & MENA – “Toyota Wrap Cruiser” installed by Martin Turecek from Wrap Style of Zlin, Czechoslovakia
“Having the responsibility of picking the finest wraps in the world is an exciting task as a judge in this challenge,” said Molly Waters, senior technical specialist, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “Each year we wonder how Wrap Like A King entries could be more ambitious, and every time, installers find a way to surprise us with new techniques and film combinations.”
A panel of international industry judges chose 10 Wrap Kings from North America and Europe. The 2018 Challenge judges include Justin Pate, co-owner of The Wrap Institute; Myles Kovacs, president and co-founder of DUB® Magazine; Jun Kinoshita, sales manager of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions Japan; Mark Richardson, director of Elite Wraps and Vehicle Graphics; Alain Carcat, technical sales support for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions Europe; Molly Waters, senior technical specialist for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions North America; Peter Wright, technical marketing manager for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions Asia Pacific; and Marco Kimme, founding member and chairman of the German Wrapping Association. The regional winners will go on to compete for the title of Continental Wrap King, to be awarded October 15, 2018. Continent winners will then be judged for the ultimate “King of the Wrap World” title at the 2018 SEMA Show, October 30 – November 2 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The eight professional judges evaluated the submissions based on the following criteria: visual transformation (difference between the before and after pictures submitted), quality and skill level of installation, overall public look and appeal and uniqueness of the design.
“We continue to build a full lineup of automotive restyling solutions, and the creative entries from Wrap Like A King™ show what our talented customers can accomplish with them,” said Jeff Losch, marketing director, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “These Regional Wrap Kings have each made something incredibly unique, and we are proud that our products were the starting point.”
Each Regional Wrap King won an initial prize package valued at close to $2,000. The prize pack includes personalized marketing materials, Avery Dennison product, SEMA passes and more. The $3,200 prize pack for continent winners includes personalized Wrap Like a King swag, $500 in gift vouchers, a Race Ramp product and a variety of promotional and marketing tools for the winner’s wrap shop.
The 2018 King of the Wrap World grand prize winner will be announced on Wednesday, October 31 at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The King of the Wrap World extended prize package is valued at almost $5,000, with additional gift vouchers and exposure via the Avery Dennison website and web advertisements.